C vs. C++ parsers and the __attribute__ syntax

Ulrich Weigand weigand@i1.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Oct 27 17:03:00 GMT 2004


Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> > So it's a bug that the C++ parser doesn't handle this correctly?
> > I'll open a PR if so.
> 
> I'd consider it a bug.

I've opened PR 18182 for this issue.

> > This works for C; the C++ parser appears to go into an
> > endless loop when given this code ...
> 
> An endless loop is certainly a bug, regardless of the validity of the 
> code.

This must have been some mix-up on my part; I cannot reproduce
this problem any more.  (C++ still ignores the mode of the pointer,
it correctly changes the mode of the pointed-to type in this
example.)  Sorry for the confusion.

> Indeed, without the outer parentheses the TI attribute applies to the 
> declaration as a whole, and so gets adjusted to apply to the (pointer) 
> type.

Thanks again.

Bye,
Ulrich

-- 
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  weigand@informatik.uni-erlangen.de



More information about the Gcc mailing list