Compilation performance comparison of GCC 3.4.2 and GCC 4.0.0 (041024) on MICO sources

Daniel Berlin dberlin@dberlin.org
Mon Oct 25 17:51:00 GMT 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Jan Hubicka wrote:

>>> My bet: GC allocating lots and lots of bitmaps :-/
>>
>> Probably.
>>
>> Here's the interesting question:
>> If these bitmaps live over compilation, and we know exactly when they die
>> (cgraph_reset_static_var_maps), why the heck are they gc allocated?
> Ineed ;)
>
> Also the current usage of these bitsmaps is disabled and Kenny already
> has patch that reduce good amount of them when inlining takes place.
> We probably need to decide what to do about mainline - either disable
> collecting the information too or try harder to fix it.

If his patch to fix this stuff up for the mainline (which was submitted
and is awaiting review from you and diego, i believe, since it touches
cgraph and tree-ssa) isn't accepted, we should probably disable it until
4.1