[m68k] register renaming not properly tracking used registers

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Fri Oct 22 18:38:00 GMT 2004

Peter Barada wrote:

>>>Thanks, I've committed your patch on mainline (with a couple of
>>>trivial spacing fixes).
>>>
>>>I'd also like to backport it to 3.4, with Mark's approval.
>>>

>>Does it fix a regression?
>>

>BTW, I *completely* messed up the date in the ChangeLog entry...
>
>I don't know if its a regression.
>
>I can pull out and build previous versions to see if this bug is there
>or not if you want.  Which gcc versions should I check?

Any and all previous ones; if there's a previous release that gets this
right, then we would want to apply the fix to the 3.4 branch.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC