Speculative prefetching: report

Zdenek Dvorak rakdver@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Fri Oct 15 22:23:00 GMT 2004

Hello,

> >it is not possible to insert new function calls at rtl level,
> >unfortunately.
>
> I'm not sure I believe that, but in any case it's certainly possible
> with
> tree-based profiling.
>
> Which reminds me, could somebody look at this tree-profiling-branch
> patch to implement value-based profiling in trees?

if you find a time, it might be a good idea to try to implement this
patch with the functions for the profiling placed in libgcc and just
calls to them placed in code.  Definitely this would be easier to
maintain and upgrade.  The only problem might be with the performace
(extra overhead of the function calls), but hopefully this should not be
too bad.

Zdenek