Questions on Bug Reporting

Mike Stump mrs@apple.com
Fri Oct 15 21:01:00 GMT 2004


On Wednesday, October 13, 2004, at 09:22  PM, Aaron W. LaFramboise 
wrote:
> 2) There are a whole lot of testsuite failures for the target I am
> primarily interested in, Windows.  After investigating a failure, 
> should
> I file a bug report for it?  Should I submit patches to mark the PR as
> XFAIL if I don't immediately have a fix for it?

There are two schools of thought, one would be to file PRs for all of 
them, and xfail them all.  We can then track status, like is this a 
regression, or is it important to fix before the next release in the 
PR.  I think that is the direction in which we are moving.  In the 
past, we'd only do that (if we did it at all) for things that have 
always not worked, and leave the regressions as failures, with the idea 
that the unexpected things should be fixed before the next release.



More information about the Gcc mailing list