Protocol error: too many arguments

Christopher Faylor me@cgf.cx
Tue Oct 12 16:34:00 GMT 2004


On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 03:14:14PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: gcc-owner On Behalf Of Andrew Haley
>> Sent: 12 October 2004 14:20
>
>> Dave Korn writes:
>
>>  >   Should probably Cc overseers, as a heads-up.
>> 
>> Any mail I send to overseers bounces.
>
>I had that problem the other day last time we had a fileattr bug.
>Turns out you have to be sure what domain you're trying to mail
>overseers at.  The overseers name only exists at sources / redhat /
>com; you can't email it at gcc / gnu / org, or you get a SMTP "550
>unknown user" error.
>
>Hey, Overseers, is that deliberate?

No.  I can't imagine how we'd even accomplish such a feat since gcc.gnu.org
and sources.redhat.com are the same system.

I guess, if this mail makes it through, it will prove or disprove your theory.

cgf



More information about the Gcc mailing list