cvs problems ...

Christopher Faylor me@cgf.cx
Fri Oct 8 15:30:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 10:11:45AM -0400, Diego Novillo wrote:
>Sorry Chris, but CVS is _still_ hosed.  I just got this trying to
>check-out a clean copy of tree-cleanup-branch:
>
>cvs checkout: Updating gcc/libjava/java/io
>cvs checkout: Updating gcc/libjava/java/lang
>cvs [checkout aborted]: head attribute does not match file for `/cvs/gcc/gcc/libjava/java/lang/ieeefp.h,v'
>
>'cvs up' does seem to work, though.  Perhaps because it didn't have to
>go through that file.

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 10:11:45AM -0400, Diego Novillo wrote:
>Sorry Chris, but CVS is _still_ hosed.  I just got this trying to
>check-out a clean copy of tree-cleanup-branch:
>
>cvs checkout: Updating gcc/libjava/java/io
>cvs checkout: Updating gcc/libjava/java/lang
>cvs [checkout aborted]: head attribute does not match file for `/cvs/gcc/gcc/libjava/java/lang/ieeefp.h,v'
>
>'cvs up' does seem to work, though.  Perhaps because it didn't have to
>go through that file.

Well, this has been a fun morning.  :-)

I've re-wiped out the fileattr file in this directory and confirmed that
you can now check things out.  I suspect that there is a bug in CVS
somewhere which causes this problem when a file only exists on a branch.
So this problem may resurface.  If it persists, I'll link fileattr to
/dev/null.

Now, I can go back to trying to squash the multiple idiots who are
trying to download the whole site by making 500 simultaneous connections
to the web server...

cgf