Bootstrap Heisen-ICE?
Ranjit Mathew
rmathew@gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 11:23:00 GMT 2004
Ben Elliston wrote:
>
>>>>Since Friday (Indian Standard Time, GMT+5:30), I've been seeing
>>>>a bootstrap failure (ICE) while compiling insn-attrab.c (on
>>>>i686-pc-linux-gnu with --disable-checking) the first time
>>>>around, but the moment I try to reproduce it, the build goes
>>>>through fine! It'll then randomly ICE in either libstc++-v3 or
>>>>libgcj - again, running make again will get past that failure.
>>
>>FWIW, this seems to be fixed by today.
>
>
> I just saw it again today at approx Wed Oct 6 11:47 (UTC+10). I think
> I saw a PR open for it, yes? If so, I think it should get a higher
> priority.
I have since traced the problem on this particular machine
to faulty RAM modules, at least as shown by the tool
at http://www.memtest86.com/. I got suspicious as a few
other memory intensive programs also started failing
randomly and irreproducibly on this machine.
Perhaps it is the same problem on your machine too?
The machine is a Dell OptiPlex G270, so such stuff
can happen on PCs from "reputed" manufacturers too.
:-/
Ranjit.
--
Ranjit Mathew Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com
Bangalore, INDIA. Web: http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/
More information about the Gcc
mailing list