Mainline in regression-fix mode after Thanksgiving

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Mon Nov 29 05:02:00 GMT 2004


Toon Moene wrote:
> Mark Mitchell wrote:
> 
>> I realize that people are agressively using the compiler, and that
>> bugs reported is partially a function of the amount of use.  I also
>> understand that with all the changes we've got in this release, there
>> are bound to be some problems.  However, I think that we've got to
>> take steps to get things in hand.
> 
> 
> Note that the Fortran list (both fortran and libfortran) contain 
> "regressions" of gfortran vs. g77.  Because these are completely 
> separate front ends, these are not really regressions, but extensions to 
> Fortran 77 that g77 supports that gfortran does not (yet).
> 
> As we assume that distributors will provide both gfortran and (in a 
> separate directory) g77, these "regressions" do not really count.

That's very useful information; thank you.

-- 
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC
mark@codesourcery.com
(916) 791-8304



More information about the Gcc mailing list