Darwin assert.h / shared libgcc mess
Geoff Keating
geoffk@geoffk.org
Mon Nov 22 22:50:00 GMT 2004
On 15/11/2004, at 3:39 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org> writes:
>
>>> 2) Put __eprintf back into the shared libgcc, as an exported symbol,
>>> for all !inhibit_libc targets, so that fixincludes can rely on its
>>> being there. (If we instead use __assert, then __eprintf will
>>> remain a static-library-only backward compatibility symbol.)
>>
>> Is this really necessary? I'd rather have __eprintf linked into only
>> those apps that need it.
>
> Right now, any shared library that uses assert will fail to link.
> _Something_ has to be done. I'm open to alternative suggestions.
What I would do is put __eprintf in the static libgcc.a, and mark it as
hidden visibility so that it's private to each shared library.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 2410 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/attachments/20041122/e180750a/attachment.p7s>
More information about the Gcc
mailing list