Getting glibfortran to build on newlib targets aka. missing stdint.h (PR 14325)

Hans-Peter Nilsson hp@bitrange.com
Sun Nov 7 22:55:00 GMT 2004


On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
>
> > I prefer 2, with a stdint.h provided by gcc as it does with the
> > files in ginclude, for example float.h, *but only for those
> > target systems known not to provide a stdint.h today*.  If I
>
> It should still be provided by GCC where libc provides one, for use in
> freestanding (e.g. kernel) code where the libc header (and all libc
> headers) may be unsuitable.

Ok, strike the asterisked part.  Should I interpret your answer
as an approval of direction generally, for a GCC-provided
stdint.h along the directions in PR 448?  Now in stage3
(provided it's ok with RM) or next stage1?  (Not providing
stdint.h is arguably a bug.)

> I don't know the status of Geoff Keating's work on implementing
> <stdint.h>, per bug 448 comment#6.

Yes, I read PR 448, but I don't interpret anything there as
geoffk being in the progress of implementing it; I just see
(good) suggestions.  Not sure it being best with a single
"#pragma GNUC stdint" though (i.e. I agree with your #7).

>  Also note the other comments in that
> bug (e.g. as regards using C99+TC1, not plain C99).

Will I find TC1 at the same official channels I acquired a copy
of C99?

brgds, H-P



More information about the Gcc mailing list