Successful Bootstrap/Install of prerelease-3.3.4-20040517 on i686-apple-darwin7.0.0

Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf lars.sonchocky-helldorf@hamburg.de
Tue May 18 23:46:00 GMT 2004

Am Dienstag, 18.05.04 um 21:03 Uhr schrieb Mike Stump:

On Tuesday, May 18, 2004, at 09:04 AM, Joe Buck wrote:
On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 06:56:18PM -0700, Mike Stump wrote:
On Monday, May 17, 2004, at 05:47 PM, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
Oh, I understand. But I have some different information than what
Mike
is saying.
:-(  The mind boggles...  Sorry.  You can get a version of expect out
of our gcc3 cvs repository.   :-(  Apparently we do have some local
mods.
Perhaps we can put a pointer to an expect patch in the
platform-specific
installation section for Darwin?
$ type expect
expect is /usr/bin/expect
:-)  This is on Panther and later system.  If someone wants a link to
add to the manual:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-05/msg00909.html

though, I don't know if that will make it back through the patch
process.  :-(

Good to hear that expect is now part of Mac OS X*. But it got somehow
omitted from pure Darwin 7.0.1 for x86 binary which I am using in this
case. Is it this tarball:
http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/tarballs/other/expect-
1.tar.gz ?

regards, Lars

)* I booted into Panther especially to check this, since I am still
using 10.2.8 for daily business because of the fan issue my 12"
PowerBook has with Panther.