template aliasing

llewelly@xmission.com llewelly@xmission.com
Fri May 14 11:49:00 GMT 2004

Marco Correia <mvc@di.fct.unl.pt> writes:

> Hi,
>
>  I've google around and found that template aliasing was being discussed for
> standarization in 2003.

It is being discussed for addition to the next C++ standard which will
    likely be completed in 2008 or 2009.

The 2003 standard is solely bug fixes for the 1998 standard. No new
    features.

The proposal for template aliasing is here:
http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG21/docs/papers/2003/n1451.html

> I couldn't find if this happened or not, so if anyone
> knows what is the state of this, if it is already part of the c++ language,
> if/when g++ will support it, or anything related, I would be very grateful to
> know.

I don't know if anyone is planning to implement it for gcc.