-fnon-call-exceptions + -fprofile-arcs on x86

Zdenek Dvorak rakdver@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Tue May 11 06:18:00 GMT 2004

Hello,

> > using safe_insert_insn_on_edge instead of insert_insn_on_edge in
> > instrument_edges would be a possibility (although of course it is
> > useless now that the problem no longer occurs).
>
> Would it work everywhere?  Some targets have no movcc insns (for example
> SPARC, although SPARC has 'add' insns that don't clobber cc).

thinking about it again, no, it would not.  It is used for value
profiling where we do not mind if an insertion of profiling code fails;
but this is not feasible for branch profiling.

Zdenek