-ffast-math and floating point reordering

Dave Korn dk@artimi.com
Thu Mar 25 18:38:00 GMT 2004


> -----Original Message-----
> From: gcc-owner On Behalf Of Joe Buck
> Sent: 25 March 2004 17:10

> I've generally found that the fastest 
> way to get the right answer on the net is to confidently 
> assert the answer you believe to be right; those who know 
> will immediately correct you, while if you just ask, often no 
> answers arrive.  All it requires is a willingness to look bad 
> on occasion.


  This so much has the ring of a deep truth about it that it deserves formal
recognition.  Hell, I've been using the technique for years myself -
sometimes even deliberately!  So unless anyone has a better idea, I dub this
observation "Buck's law of Internet information extraction".



    cheers, 
      DaveK
-- 
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....



More information about the Gcc mailing list