No luck building GCC on sparc-linux using --with-gc=zone
Art Haas
ahaas@airmail.net
Thu Mar 25 00:05:00 GMT 2004
Hi.
I've started using a SparcStation20 running Debian, and am playing with
building GCC-3.5 on this machine. After several failed builds, I removed
the '--with-gc=zone' configure option, and the build lacking this option
has built well past the point builds with the option in place have
failed. Is the '--with-gc=zone' option something that non-X86 builds
should avoid? I build GCC on my i586-pc-linux-gnu with this option
without difficulty. If this option should work on sparc-linux, I'd be
glad to test patches to fix the problem(s). I tried to begin to
debug things, but even after setting my environment so core files should
appear, which I failed to do earlier, my failing builds never produced a
core file that I could at least try to debug. I'm sure I've overlooked
something obvious here, but so far the obvious eludes me ...
Art Haas
--
Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities
the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.
-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822
More information about the Gcc
mailing list