Oh my god, it's full of NULLs
Dave Korn
dk@artimi.com
Thu Mar 18 10:18:00 GMT 2004
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jim Wilson
> Sent: 18 March 2004 08:09
> Dave Korn wrote:
> > I've found where gen_reg_rtx (not gen_rtx_REG!) sets the
> entry for
> > each new pseudo that's allocated, but I haven't managed to find any
> > code that sets up entries for the hard regs.
>
> In 3.3 and later, there is a static_regno_reg_rtx array that
> is initialized in init_emit_once, and then copied into
> regno_reg_rtx in init_emit.
>
> In 3.2, you are out of luck unless you backport more patches.
>
> See Jeff Law's 2002-06-07 change, and his 2002-06-13 change.
> --
> Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com
>
Thanks for the pointers, Jim, I'll take a look at that: if I just need to
backport the setup code and the rest should fall into place and work, that
sounds not too hard. Whether what I've backported will be enough to
consider the 3.2 loop optimiser production-stable... I guess that's another
question.
Now please accept my humble apologies for bringing back the memory of what
seems to have been a traumatic time for everyone and let us never speak of
this again!
cheers,
DaveK
--
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....
More information about the Gcc
mailing list