[lno] [RFC] if-conversion and auto vectorizer

Devang Patel dpatel@apple.com
Mon Mar 15 23:08:00 GMT 2004


On Mar 15, 2004, at 2:38 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:

> (2) I reiterate that we will NOT be adding a new SELECT node.
>     The sooner Dorit changes to use COND_EXPR as I asked, the better.

We keep using term SELECT because that's what we used in our discussion
earlier. But now SELECT means MODIFY_EXPR <a,COND_EXPR <c,b,d>>.
I will try to avoid using term SELECT.

In fact, that's what I used in the code snippet I included in my email
on Friday.

Concerns we have is: Do we need separate pass (which I am currently
implementing) to transform if-then-else to  use 'conditional modify 
expr'
for vectorizer or not?

OR do we replace all if-then-else during phiopts pass itself ?

We initially decided to use separate pass before vectorizer to
replace if-then-else. But at that time we did not know phiopts plans.

thoughts?
--
Devang



More information about the Gcc mailing list