GCC 3.4.1 RC1 available
Michael Elizabeth Chastain
mec.gnu@mindspring.com
Sun Jun 27 02:01:00 GMT 2004
I noticed a packaging/configuration nit with ada and makeinfo.
It might not be very important.
I'm building gcc 3.4.1-20040625 on native i686-pc-linux-gnu, starting
with gcc 3.3.3 built with Ada. In my build.log I see that makeinfo is
run three times:
if [ xinfo = xinfo ]; then \
rm -f doc/gnat_ugn_unw.info*; \
makeinfo --split-size=5000000 --no-split -I/berman/migchain/source/gcc-3.4.1-20040625/gcc/doc/include \
-I/berman/migchain/source/gcc-3.4.1-20040625/gcc/ada -o doc/gnat_ugn_unw.info doc/gnat_ugn_unw.texi; \
else true; fi
if [ xinfo = xinfo ]; then \
rm -f doc/gnat_rm.info*; \
makeinfo --split-size=5000000 --no-split -I/berman/migchain/source/gcc-3.4.1-20040625/gcc/doc/include \
-I/berman/migchain/source/gcc-3.4.1-20040625/gcc/ada -o doc/gnat_rm.info /berman/migchain/source/gcc-3.4.1-20040625/gcc/ada/gnat_rm.texi; \
else true; fi
if [ xinfo = xinfo ]; then \
rm -f doc/gnat-style.info*; \
makeinfo --split-size=5000000 --no-split -I/berman/migchain/source/gcc-3.4.1-20040625/gcc/doc/include \
-I/berman/migchain/source/gcc-3.4.1-20040625/gcc/ada -o doc/gnat-style.info /berman/migchain/source/gcc-3.4.1-20040625/gcc/ada/gnat-style.texi; \
else true; fi
make[1]: Leaving directory `/berman/migchain/build/target/native/gcc-3.4.1-20040625-as-2.15-ld-2.15/gcc'
I compared this to gcc-3.4.0, which has the same calls to makeinfo plus
several more. So it's certainly not a regression. gcc-3.3.4 has
several calls to makeinfo, too, for some Ada files with slightly
different names.
Is it a bug for makeinfo to be run when building from a release tarball?
If it is, I can file a PR for this.
Michael C
More information about the Gcc
mailing list