[RFC] type safe trees
Geoffrey Keating
geoffk@geoffk.org
Thu Jun 24 00:49:00 GMT 2004
Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.co.uk> writes:
> We really need front-end specific data structures, lowered to a common
> representation (I suspect gimple). It would even solve the current
> Kenner thread, though he may disagree. Leave front ends to mind
> their own business; then if I fix things in C I don't have to worry
> about breaking something in Ada about which I have absolutely no clue.
>
> Of course, it's a massive amount of work to do this, given how trees
> are now grossly intertwined with GC and PCH. However, I think we're
> doing GC and PCH wrong too, and it's all just different manifestations
> of the same fundamental problem.
What part of the interaction between trees, GC, and PCH, prevents you from
creating new data structures for the frontend?
More information about the Gcc
mailing list