Regressions on mainline

Joseph S. Myers jsm@polyomino.org.uk
Tue Jun 22 08:56:00 GMT 2004


On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Mark Mitchell wrote:

> On the mainline, I'm seeing failures with stack-1.C, gcov-1.C, and warn7.C.
> 
> Since we have a policy of not checking things without running tests, and 
> yet I'm seeing these failures on multiple platforms, I'm perplexed as to 
> what has transpired.

The log from http://gcc.gnu.org/regtest/ shows that on one platform with
an automated tester telling people about regressions it was in January
there were last no testsuite regressions.  Many regressions appear after a
period of build failure that makes identifying the problem patch more
difficult.

Only 251 out of 2260 lines in that log show no regressions, 789 show build
failures (this may be out of proportion to the time broken, as build
failures shorten the time for a test cycle) and 1215 show testsuite
regressions.  (Plus 5 other lines in the log file.)

-- 
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
    jsm@polyomino.org.uk (personal mail)
    jsm28@gcc.gnu.org (Bugzilla assignments and CCs)



More information about the Gcc mailing list