Notes from the version control BOF at the summit

Florian Weimer fw@deneb.enyo.de
Mon Jun 7 21:08:00 GMT 2004


* James A. Morrison:

>> The general belief is that developer machines are secure, while the
>> repository server is insecure.  The primary cause for that belief is
>> that so far, we have no publicly documented case in which a developer
>> machine was compromised, but several high-profile cases which involve
>> repositories or distribution sites.
>
> I have no clue where this "general" belief came from, since more
> than one high-profile compromise that I can think of was the result
> of a developer's machine being compromised.

You are correct, I'm just trying to forget that Debian incident. 8->

-- 
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: bigpond.com, di-ve.com, fuorissimo.com, hotmail.com,
jumpy.it, libero.it, netscape.net, postino.it, simplesnet.pt, spymac.com,
tiscali.co.uk, tiscali.cz, tiscali.it, voila.fr, yahoo.com.



More information about the Gcc mailing list