SSA usage question

Diego Novillo dnovillo@redhat.com
Mon Jun 7 14:17:00 GMT 2004


On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 10:13, Richard Kenner wrote:
> I guess I should make my proposal more explicit:
> 
> (1) Add two operands to the ARRAY_REF node.  One is a copy of TYPE_MIN_VALUE
> of the index and the second is a copy of TYPE_SIZE_UNIT of the element type.
> (2) Add an operand to COMPONENT_REF that's a copy of DECL_FIELD_POSITION of
> the second operand.
> 
> In both cases, any PLACEHOLDER_EXPRs will be expanded, the copy will be
> gimplified, and the operand will not be present if it would be a constant.
> 
How would this look in GIMPLE?  What assignments and uses will this
create?  Because of all the broken mail headers, I haven't been able to
understand a single thing that was discussed in this thread.  Could you
point me at the original problem description?


Thanks.  Diego.



More information about the Gcc mailing list