MIPS 3.4.0 ABI and one-sized arrays

Eric Botcazou ebotcazou@act-europe.fr
Mon Jun 7 09:04:00 GMT 2004


> You didn't include a testcase, and I don't know enough Ada to be able to
> write one from the description.

Sorry, the testcase is proprietary.  I'll provide a "recreated" one when 
submitting the patch.

> > - one-sized arrays of integers are returned in the upper half of $2,
> > while they were returned in the lower half previously.  If I read
> > correctly again, this ABI change is not listed in
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.4/mips-abi.html.
>
> This is item E.

Strictly speaking, I don't think so.  Take a look at the second line in the 
document, I see no mention of arrays.

Now if you're saying that mips-abi.html should be fixed to use the same 
wording as the header of mips_return_in_msb, it's fine with me.  I only 
wanted someone to decide which one should be corrected.

> I think all that needs to be fixed is the ICE.

Agreed.


Thanks for your answer.

-- 
Eric Botcazou



More information about the Gcc mailing list