IMA vs tree-ssa

Dale Johannesen dalej@apple.com
Fri Feb 27 07:26:00 GMT 2004


On Feb 26, 2004, at 4:21 PM, law@redhat.com wrote:
> In message <47CEA8A4-68B9-11D8-8C0E-000A95D7CD40@apple.com>, Dale 
> Johannesen wr
> ites:
>>
>> Perhaps maybe_fold_offset_to_array_ref ought to ignore the type
>> "mismatch",
>> at least when offset is 0.    I can't see that *&x (for x an array)
>> should ever be anything but x[0].  Let me try that...
> My only concern would be that you might get a bad operand type 
> mis-match;
> though for this code I don't really see how that could happen.

This gets farther than before in 176.gcc; there's an apparently 
unrelated BE crash later.
As you're OK with the idea, I'll bootstrap/test this overnight.

Just fyi, we're getting 6 failures on SPEC with IMA.    This one, one 
in the IMA code itself,
3 ICEs at various places in tree-ssa (may well be other manifestations 
of unequal type info),
one miscompare.  Working on it.



More information about the Gcc mailing list