[i386] pni => sse3 -- GCC 3.3.3 related

H. J. Lu hjl@lucon.org
Sat Feb 21 23:29:00 GMT 2004


On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 05:11:03PM -0800, Jim Wilson wrote:
> H. J. Lu wrote:
> >2004-02-06  H.J. Lu  <hongjiu.lu@intel.com>
> >	* doc/invoke.texi: Mention SSE2 and SSE3.
> >	* config/i386/i386.h: Deprecate -mpni/-mno-pni.
> >2004-02-03  Kelley Cook  <kcook@gcc.gnu.org>
> >	* config/i386/i386.c: Rename pni to sse3.
> >	...
> 
> OK for mainline and 3.4.  3.3 would be Gaby's call.
> 
> I see that you still define __PNI__.  Do we really need that?  Maybe 
> there should be some planned obsolescence for that?  I.e., we continue 
> to support it for now in 3.3 but not in 3.4, or we support it in 3.4 but 
> not in 3.5?

I think we should support __PNI__ in 3.4 and drop it in 3.5.


H.J.



More information about the Gcc mailing list