Should the patch for PR inline-asm/6162 go into 3.4?

Ian Lance Taylor ian@wasabisystems.com
Wed Feb 11 21:42:00 GMT 2004


Currently PR inline-asm/6162 has a target of 3.4.0.  The PR is fixed
on mainline with this patch:

2004-01-28  Ian Lance Taylor  <ian@wasabisystems.com>

	PR inline-asm/6162
	* reload.c (find_reloads): Only support one pair of commutative
	operands.

That patch turned out to require this followon patch:

2004-02-01  Richard Sandiford  <rsandifo@redhat.com>

	* config/mips/mips.md (adddi3_internal_2): Remove superfluous %s.


I think that either these two patches should go into 3.4, or we should
close out the PR.  (Or put the PR into whatever state is appropriate
for ``fixed on mainline, will not be fixed in earlier releases'').

I think that the patch is safe.  I also think that the PR is
relatively minor, as it leads to an ICE, and the fix in the source
code is simple.  So I would lean slightly toward simply closing the
PR.  Anyhow, your call.

Ian



More information about the Gcc mailing list