G++ enums 'underlying type'

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@integrable-solutions.net
Thu Dec 30 02:11:00 GMT 2004


Paolo Carlini <pcarlini@suse.de> writes:

| Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| 
| >All that is moot; for to properly implement at the traits at issue
| >(is_enum), one needs hooks in the compiler.
    ^^^^^^^

should read 'underlying type' of an enum.

| >
| I think that what we already have is rather good, overall, and doesn't need
| by itself hooks of any kind.

You can *approximate* to some point; and for 4.0.x I don't really care
about the confidence of the approximation. But, to pretend that it is
rather good is a a stretch :-)

| The only problem is caused, as a secondary effect, by a *bug*, or,
| better said,

I think you got side tracked by the mention of "is_enum".  I meant 
"the underlying type of an enum".

-- Gaby



More information about the Gcc mailing list