type gimplification, continued
Richard Kenner
kenner@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu
Wed Dec 22 13:02:00 GMT 2004
I think what you tested was *not* all of my patches reverted,
which would be cheating. We shouldn't need *both* unsharing
and TYPE_SIZES_GIMPLIFIED.
Right. I tested with the current sources without just your *last* patch.
I agree that the other unsharing should be removed too, but wanted to do one
step at a time.
But it fails gcc.c-torture/compile/nested-1.c, which again
shows invalid tree sharing between the parent and the nested function.
OK. I'll look at that one in a few hours. Did you revert the rest of the
unsharing patches to see this?
When we go to gimplify the DECL_SIZE of the nested function parameter,
we simultaneously modify one of the statements in the parent function,
which means that a variable local to the nested function leaks into
the parent.
I wonder if this is also what I'm seeing in some failing ACATS tests. But
if so, it's new since they used to pass. I assume this also used to pass
before any of these changes, so there's something going on here that neither
of us completely understand.
More information about the Gcc
mailing list