[gpc] Re: GCC integration?

Mike Stump mrs@apple.com
Fri Dec 17 16:48:00 GMT 2004


On Thursday, December 16, 2004, at 11:14  PM, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Since gcc 4.0 will be out of the door not in less than two months from 
> now, and given that gcc 4.1, which ought to solve at least the basic 
> problems with tree-ssa etc. is not even in sight yet, I propose that 
> there will be a gcc-3.5 release with support for Pascal, based upon 
> gcc-3.4, current gpc and Waldek's patches.

I propose that Pascal be put into 4.0, and after that works, then we 
consider what is next.  Personally I wouldn't mind seeing it in 4.0, 
assuming you don't need large or complex or destabilizing or dangerous 
or gross changes to the non-gcc/gpc files; otherwise 4.1.

This is just how we do engineering work, first, fix mainline, then, if 
important enough and safe enough, then fix older release branches.



More information about the Gcc mailing list