Different multiply operator for pointers and integers

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Thu Dec 16 19:18:00 GMT 2004

  Well, but that is not the case.  The pointer registers can also hold integers.
It is the case that some registers can only hold integers and not pointers.

> >   Hmm, but wouldn't the potential workaround of defining
> Pmode to some mode
> > (other than SImode) that is not used by the machine ...
>
> No.  The problems start in the front end.

  Yow.  That's tricky.

    cheers,
      DaveK