Different multiply operator for pointers and integers
Dave Korn
dave.korn@artimi.com
Thu Dec 16 19:18:00 GMT 2004
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Richard Henderson [mailto:rth@redhat.com]
> Sent: 16 December 2004 19:00
> On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 06:29:22PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
> > Sorry, I don't quite get the wording here; I can't tell
> exactly what is the
> > referent of "that" in the above sentence. I'm not sure if you mean
> >
> > 1) If it is true that registers that hold pointers can only be used
> > for pointers and not integers, there's absolutely....
>
> This one.
Well, but that is not the case. The pointer registers can also hold integers.
It is the case that some registers can only hold integers and not pointers.
> > Hmm, but wouldn't the potential workaround of defining
> Pmode to some mode
> > (other than SImode) that is not used by the machine ...
>
> No. The problems start in the front end.
Yow. That's tricky.
cheers,
DaveK
--
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....
More information about the Gcc
mailing list