SPE scalar float instructions
Aldy Hernandez
aldyh@redhat.com
Wed Dec 15 17:16:00 GMT 2004
On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 07:42:19PM -0800, Zack Weinberg wrote:
>
> Currently, the SPE scalar float instructions are predicated on
> TARGET_HARD_FLOAT && !TARGET_FPRS (and TARGET_E500_DOUBLE for DFmode)
> but not on TARGET_SPE. This can cause problems in an embedded context
> - as one of CodeSourcery's customers points out,
>
> > This will indeed post a problem, because those instructions require
> > MSR[SPE] bit be set, which is not true for all cases. SPE unavailable
> > exception may result.
I'm not sure I follow the above? (??)
>
> I'm wondering if TARGET_SPE should be added to the controlling
> condition for all those instructions. Thoughts?
As Kumar mentioned, a there may be a chip with SPE but not FP in the
GPRs.
Also, suppose you have -mspe=yes -mfloat-gprs=no (or the opposite).
Aldy
More information about the Gcc
mailing list