GCC 3.5 Status (2004-08-29)
Mike Stump
mrs@apple.com
Mon Aug 30 18:08:00 GMT 2004
On Monday, August 30, 2004, at 07:26 AM, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Right now, I'd like to focus on getting the release ready. We can
> have the marketing debate later, if we must.
I'd prefer that we just give our input to you, and let you pick an
answer, and that this be done sooner, rather than at the last minute...
1/2 of the people won't be happy, but we have to just live with that.
In fact, I'd say we already had the debate, and the version number
hasn't changed, therefore, the people that wanted 4.0 lost.
Personally, 2 new frontends and a new optimization infrastructure seems
to me to live up to requirement...
So, feel free to just announce the decision... whatever it is...
Deciding to not decide, is a decision.
More information about the Gcc
mailing list