Complex log builtins

Kaveh R. Ghazi ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu
Mon Aug 30 15:29:00 GMT 2004

 > The above testcase works with the builtins enabled. Adding a call to
 > __builtin_clog to the body of main() also works.
 >
 > Note that the C99 clog is declared in <complex.h>, not <math.h>.
 > Adding #include <compex.h> to the above test still works correctly
 > because g++ overrides complex.h with a header that just does #include
 > <complex>
 >
 > Adding #include "/usr/include/complex.h" forces an explicit definition
 > of clog, and does break the program.
 >
 > In summary enabling the builtins doesn't seem to break anything,
 > though I'm not sure why.
 >
 > Does this help any?
 > Paul

I really don't remember how it broke for me, have you tried running
the G++/libstdc++ testsuites with the builtins enabled?

Actually I'm not sure you need to worry about this.  Ultimately if
clog turns out still to be a conflict, you can activate just the
__builtin_clog style and leave clog out by using DEF_GCC_BUILTIN.  I
suspect that's all you need to get the middle-end machinery hooked up
with fortran.

		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu