SPEC 2000 results on PowerPC

Andrew Pinski apinski@apple.com
Tue Aug 17 18:11:00 GMT 2004


On Aug 17, 2004, at 10:16 AM, Mark Mitchell wrote:

> I've now got SPEC 2000 results for PowerPC.
> I'm using a G5 and ran with "-O2 -mcpu=970".  My goal is not to 
> demonstrate how fast this machine is, but rather to compare the 
> current mainline with the last release.
>
> The current mainline is, I would say, somewhat better than 3.4.1.
> Three tests (176.gcc,187.facerec,189.lucas) work with 3.5, but did not 
> run at all with 3.4.1, so that is clearly an improvement.  Two tests 
> (186.crafty and 200.sixtrack) that did work with 3.4.1 no longer work 
> with 3.5 -- that is clearly a degradation.  Most of the results are 
> within 5% of the 3.4.1 results (nine better, six worse).  The outliers 
> are 252.eon (15% improved), 168.wupwise (10% degraded), 177.mesa (7% 
> improved), and 301.apsi (15% improved).

186.crafty works for me with -O3 -mcpu=G5 at least did two days ago.

I also see a performance regression in perl also which was caused by 
the same patch
which also caused the regression on x86.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski



More information about the Gcc mailing list