Disable g++/libstdc++-v3 on AIX for 3.4?

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Sat Apr 17 19:25:00 GMT 2004


Roger Sayle wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, David Edelsohn wrote:
>  
>
>>	I have been testing with the pre-release version of the AIX
>>assembler and archiver, with very good testsuite results.  I have been
>>mailing those results to the gcc-testresults mailinglist.
>>
>>	I am having difficulty understanding what concern you are trying
>>to raise.  The PTF will be available soon.  When it is generally
>>available, GCC 3.4 will have full functionality on AIX.  There have been
>>many AIX assembler PTFs that have improved GCC functionality on AIX.
>>    
>>
If it were my port, however, I'd probably do as Roger suggests; test for 
the broken assembler and disable multilibs that won't work with that 
assembler.  I agree that looping forever during a bootstrap seems 
undesirable.

However, I'm willing to leave this in the hands of the AIX maintainer, 
i.e., David.  If David feels strongly that the status quo is better -- 
or if nobody produces a configure patch for the test -- then I guess 
it's OK as is.

-- 
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC
(916) 791-8304
mark@codesourcery.com



More information about the Gcc mailing list