Fortran web pages

Gerald Pfeifer gerald@pfeifer.com
Tue Oct 7 20:13:00 GMT 2003


I had another look, ignoring markup for now, and I'm afraid there are
a couple of further issues which you'll ("you" not necessarily equals
"Toon", though <g>) need to change. Specifically, I noticed the following:

 - Please avoid absolute links to http://gcc.gnu.org unless there are
   strictly necessary (as is the case for Bugzilla or the mailing list
   archives).

   Example: Instead of "http://gcc.gnu.org" simply write "../".

 - Frontend -> Front end (according to codingconventions.html)

 - Studies in usability have shown that using "here" for the text of a
   link should be avoided, and we follow that rule for the GCC web pages.

   Example: Instead of

     <p>A discussion on extensions we are thinking about providing is
     <a href="extensions.html">here</a>.</p>

   please write

     <p>We are also thinking about providing <a
     href="extensions.html">language extensions</a>.

 - There seem to be several reference to sourceforge.net (e.g. concerning
   the mailing list) which probably should be updated.

Hope this helps,
Gerald



More information about the Gcc mailing list