Cross Compiler and Linker for Linux

Dave Jarvis dave@joot.com
Fri May 30 19:04:00 GMT 2003


Hi,

21 compiles later, I'm certain I'm missing one small detail.  Using 
Joel's suggestions (from the previous e-mail), I changed my directories 
and configuration options accordingly.  Deleted all directories, 
reconfigured, and reinstalled as follows.

1) mkdir /usr/local/cc/sparc-solaris
2) Copy /usr/lib from TARGET machine to HOST machine at:
          /usr/local/cc/sparc-solaris/sparc-solaris
3) Copy /usr/include from TARGET machine to HOST machine at:
          /usr/local/cc/sparc-solaris/sys-include

Thus "prefix" is "/usr/local/cc/sparc-solaris".  I reset the PATH to 
normal.  Even though the binaries were toasted, I didn't want to taint 
the install.

1) cd build-binutils
2) ../binutils-2.13.2.1/configure --prefix=/usr/local/cc/sparc-solaris \
   --target=sparc-solaris --with-libs=../sparc-solaris/sparc-solaris \
   --with-headers=../sparc-solaris/sys-include
3) make && make install

Worked like a charm, just as in the previous 16 compiles.

4) cd ../build-gcc
5) export PATH=/usr/local/cc/sparc-solaris/bin:$PATH
6) ../gcc-3.3/configure --prefix=/usr/local/cc/sparc-solaris \
   --target=sparc-solaris --with-libs=../sparc-solaris/sparc-solaris \
   --with-headers=../sparc-solaris/sys-include --with-gnu-as \
   --with-gnu-ld
7) make && make install

This fails with the same error as before: unable to find the header 
files for tanhf and other assorted floating-point functions.  (I'm 
presuming it won't be able to link with them, either.)

Ideas, hints, tips, solutions, and bonks on my head are most welcome.

Thanks!
Dave



More information about the Gcc mailing list