Problem Installing Linux Kernel Module compiled with gcc-3.2.x

Kendrick Hamilton hamilton@sedsystems.ca
Fri May 30 15:59:00 GMT 2003


Hello,
	I have a module for a custom developped PCI card. The device 
driver is written for the Linux 2.4 series kernels. When I build the 
module and the Linux kernel with gcc-2.95.3, the module installs 
correctly. When I build the module and the Linux kernel with gcc-3.2.3 
(also other gcc-3.2.x), the module installs but the Linux kernel crashes 
in random places outside of the module. Do you have any suggestions of 
what to look for? I can email you the complete module source code. I have 
not tried gcc-3.3 because I cannot compile the current Linux kernel with 
it (there is a known bug that is being fixed and should be out in 
Linux-2.4.21).

-- 
Kendrick Hamilton E.I.T.
SED Systems, a division of Calian Ltd.
18 Innovation Blvd.
PO Box 1464
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Canada
S7N 3R1

Hamilton@sedsystems.ca
Tel: (306) 933-1453
Fax: (306) 933-1486



More information about the Gcc mailing list