Documenting tools necessary for GCC [draft]

Eric Christopher echristo@redhat.com
Thu May 29 19:05:00 GMT 2003


On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 11:55, Joe Buck wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 11:28:42AM -0700, Eric Christopher wrote:
> > > We've tried to fix problems with the BSD makes, but new ones seem to keep
> > > popping up.  I think that working with the BSD makes should be a goal,
> > > but we have to document reality.
> > >  
> > 
> > Yes, and with the existing policy we have to support not just BSD and
> > GNU make, but Solaris make, Irix make, ...
> 
> We only said that we would support Posix-compliant makes.  I'm not sure
> about Irix.  I know that some of the issues on some platforms were because
> of broken vendor makes.
>  

No disagreement here. If it helps, I _know_ that irix make doesn't work
:)

-eric

-- 
Eric Christopher <echristo@redhat.com>



More information about the Gcc mailing list