[tree-ssa] GIMPLE grammar changes in function calls.

Diego Novillo dnovillo@redhat.com
Tue May 27 14:52:00 GMT 2003


On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 10:43, Jason Merrill wrote:
> On 23 May 2003 23:55:33 -0400, Diego Novillo <dnovillo@redhat.com> wrote:
> 
> > Removing the STRIP_NOPS we have now at the start of is_simple_unary_expr
> > would make things work again (at the expense of forcing the gimplifier
> > to create a new temporary).
> 
> Looks like you already removed it.  I strongly support this change.
> 
Ah, yes.  I think I mentioned it in my check-in message for the 'remove
INDIRECT_REFs' patch, but I'm having trouble with my mail today.

> > This is a change in the GIMPLE grammar.  Do we want to change it?  This
> > means making CALL_EXPR detection a bit more cumbersome.
> 
> No.  We want to remove the STRIP_NOPS.
> 
Good.

> > Another alternative is to call STRIP_NOPS *after* we check for
> > (cast)varname in is_simple_unary_expr.
> 
> Why?
> 
Not important anymore.  This was just a third alternative in case you
didn't like removing the STRIP_NOPS to begin with :)


Diego.



More information about the Gcc mailing list