Macros being updated??

Alexandre Courbot Alexandre.Courbot@lifl.fr
Tue May 27 09:15:00 GMT 2003


> I am hoping somebody will be able to helpl me with this. I am trying to
> target a new architecure using gcc-3.2.2. I am trying to do this by
> modifying the target files which were written for gcc-2.95. I understand
> these target files and its architecture is similar to my own. I already had
> to modify some macros using the target hooks. (thanks Alex for that).
> Now however I get the following error with the file c-decl.c. I have an
> inkling that it has something to do with a target macro being modified
> since gcc -2.95. Anyway this is the error I get:

This looks like a syntax error in your macros. They get expanded in GCC code 
and the error only happen when the expanded code is compiled. Have a look at 
the positions GCC tells you there are errors at, and check your macros for 
correctness. This is probably a dumb error, like forgetting a ";" at the end 
of a declaration or something.

As for the differences between gcc 2.95 and 3.2, I guess if you redefine the 
poisonned macros as hooks, fix things that don't compile because of obsolete 
macros and add the new macros that are needed, you shouldn't have much 
trouble. Can't help much, since I've started looking at GCC from 3.0.

Alex.
PS: please don't CC individuals directly when starting a new topic - people 
who are able to reply you will do it anyway! ;)



More information about the Gcc mailing list