Fwd: Add in Pentium III & Pentium 4 to config.sub

Kelley Cook kcook34@ford.com
Tue May 20 14:00:00 GMT 2003


---- Forwarded e-mail ----
From: Ben Elliston [mailto:bje@wasabisystems.com]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 5:09 PM
To: Cook, Kelley (R.K.)
Subject: Re: Add in Pentium III & Pentium 4 to config.sub


"Cook, Kelley (R.K.)" <kcook34@ford.com> writes:

 > Did this change get missed in todays upload of config.{guess,sub}?
 > Config.guess seems to be changed, but not config.sub.

I have not applied your patch, as I was waiting for an answer to:

 > I wonder, though, why GCC people have not already requested such a
 > change a long time ago?  They would need it for a Pentium III tuned
 > compiler, for example.

Ben
---- Forwared e-mail ----

GCC team,

Is this config.sub patch which defines pentiumiii & pentium3 to be
aliases for i686 and pentium4 to be an alias for i786 acceptable to
your group?  A google search shows that a similar change was suggested
a post by Joseph Myers two years ago when Jan Hubicka first added
Pentium 4 support.

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-02/msg01651.html

Is this the correct patch?

FWIW, the toplevel and binutils patches that allow them to use
i786-*-* have already been installed and I have posted a libiberty patch for
approval.  I apologize for that since I misunderstood Ben's initial response
to be an approval with an added rhetorical question.

Kelley Cook

-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: config.sub.diff
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/attachments/20030520/41966974/attachment.ksh>


More information about the Gcc mailing list