[tree-ssa] Eliminating unnecessary variables during out-of-ssa

Andrew MacLeod amacleod@redhat.com
Mon May 12 19:47:00 GMT 2003


On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 15:42, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> 
> On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 02:54  PM, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
> 
> >
> > Of course you need them for those optimizations, otherwise we wouldn't
> > generate them in the first place.
> >
> :P
> > After we go out of SSA form, we no longer have an SSA form, so no one
> > needs these things. All PHI nodes are deleted as part of the process.
> >
> You said "Can anyone thing of when we might actually need any of these 
> variables
> in the rewriting stage?"
> I was confused, because i usually think of the rewriting stage as 
> into-ssa, not out-of-ssa.
> >
> 

:-). Sorry, I was originally going to attach the note to my out-of-ssa
status note, but decided it was long enough and made it a seperate note.
I just carried forward the same thoughts forward, so I can see how it
might be missing some information :-).

Sorry for the confusion. 

Andrew



More information about the Gcc mailing list