GCC warnings for unused global variables

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@integrable-solutions.net
Thu May 8 12:48:00 GMT 2003

"David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org> writes:

| On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 10:38:10AM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > Several times before 3.2.3 went out, I mentioned the fact that I will
| > propose to close gcc-3_2-branch after the release.  Nobody expressed
| > disagreements, that for a long time.  I find it a bit strange to
| > complain now after the fact whereas there  was plenty opportunities to
| > raise concerns before.
|
| *sigh*
| have you not seen my comments on this practice for the past many years???

Mind you, it is already a time-consuming task to follow GCC; if you
have anything specific about GCC project process you think people
should read, please write it here.  If you already did, then I would
be pleased to read it (in case I missed it) if you can provide
specific links.

-- Gaby