The meaning of -Wall

Bruce Korb bkorb@veritas.com
Sun May 4 19:01:00 GMT 2003

nelson wrote:

> I have to compile some GNU programs, in above mentioned
> OS, and in one of them I have a problem with this flag ( -Wall )
> I have to remove this and one more  ( I dont remember now what
> the flag ) manually from all makefiles of the distribution directory
> after the "sh ./configure" to have a sucessfull compilation.

That is actually a problem in the configury of the specific
GNU project.  I also distribute a GNU project, but I use configure,
automake and libtool to perform shell magic to figure out what
options should be used.  It does not have this problem.  You ought
to ask your package provider to fix it.  :-)