Please try out new inlining heuristics

Gerald Pfeifer pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jun 27 14:11:00 GMT 2003


On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> The inline limits are set via
> --param max-inline-insns-auto=X --param max-inline-insns-single=X
> The abstraction penalty (in percents):
> --param inline-abstraction-penalty=25
> Additionally there is --param large-function-insns (defaulting to 30000)
> and --param large-function-growth (defaulting to 200%) used to avoid
> huge function bodies.
>
> If you have some CPU time to spare, I would be interested in performance
> of various settings of inline-abstraction-penalty (20/40/60/80) and
> max-inline-insns-auto+max-inline-insns-single (150/300/600/900).

In my case, I assume 600/900 are sufficient to test (for the other will
be loose for sure) and perhaps all of 20/40/60/80?

I just wanted to build GCC with your patch, but gcc/builtins had a
couple of rejections -- GCC is really moving fast these days. :-(
(Could you send a full, new patch? Thanks.)

Gerald



More information about the Gcc mailing list