[tree-ssa mudflap] program looping

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal@eyal.emu.id.au
Thu Jun 26 15:45:00 GMT 2003


I am not able to run my system since the last changes earlier
(4th?) this month. Apart from runtime going up significantly,
one of my server programs gets into an infinite loop which
gdb says is here:

(gdb) bt full
#0  0x4186cb79 in pthread_mutex_trylock () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x418e8060 in malloc () from /lib/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#2  0x4182bf07 in calloc (c=256, n=1088)
    at ../../../gcc/libmudflap/mf-hooks.c:155
        result = 0x4183b2e0 "ü\227\216AÍ\203\203A"

#3 is my program which did issue a calloc() at this point.
It seems to hang consistently at this point.

I guess the trylock() is from LOCKTH(). Maybe in the malloc
wrapper? Next, I will turn on tracing but I am not familiar
with this area of the code yet.


--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal@eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>



More information about the Gcc mailing list