Not delivering {bugs,gnats,faq}.html in releases

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth@ices.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 26 00:57:00 GMT 2003

Presently, we are putting three additional files into releases:
  bugs.html, gnats.html, faq.html

gnats.html if dysfunctional anyway, so there shouldn't be any opposition if I
delete it and references to it soonish. The question is: do we want to put
any of other files into releases, or just kill it?

Regarding bugs/faq.html: The only advertised method for bug submission is
using a web interface. If you use that anyway, then we don't need to have a
copy of these files. Furthermore, the ones on the web page are always
up-to-date -- something I think might be valuable when we realize that lots
of users have problems adapting their code to the new C++ parser and we
figure out what the frequently asked questions are. Besides that, most people
most likely share my ignorance where these files actually reside on my
harddisk...

Are there opinions on this last paragraph?

W.