workaround for legacy code using fortran integer pointers

Hans Horn hannes@2horns.com
Mon Jun 23 21:55:00 GMT 2003

yup. That's it.
Not quite Cray pointers, but something related (supposedly only a few
compiler vendor have added this extension, such as IBM, Sun, ...).
It goes like this : POINTER(ip, iarray(*))

In the g77 docs it says that adding this feature is pretty high on the
priority list.
If there are already some prelim implementations out there, I wouldn't mind
serving as a guinea pig.

H.